Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unfortunately.

The PCI tuner card didn't go the way I'd expected. WMC recognized it, and tried to set it up. Apparently it requires proprietary software to work, and I have no idea where the install disc is. I looked around online, and couldn't find anything for my specific model, so I gave up. That took about 5 minutes. Then, when I went back home, I picked up my external Adaptec Gamebridge tuner. It installed and works, slightly. The Guide is WAY off from the channels, even though it recognized the provider and location correctly. So I gave up on the Guide. More trouble came too. WMC will load a channel, then about a minute into watching, it cuts out and tells me the TV tuner cannot find a signal. So I gave up on WMC.

And installed the software that came with the Gamebridge. Works fine now.

Some more trouble came before this all too. I booted for the first time since Monday and my sound went dead. I installed correct drivers from ECS's web site, and it stopped giving me trouble. That's pretty much it.

School tomorrow, from 11 to 6. First day of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment