Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Decided.

I don't need a netbook, or a notebook by any other name. All day in class I'm on a computer, and the one's that don't give me access are so short it doesn't matter. Plus, I'd rather not pay top dollar for a sub-par unit that might serve a purpose one day a week (for me).

I think I'm going to build a new rig. Partially because I'm sick of dealing with that Athlon64 (formerly a Sempron64, ouch) box, and partially because I have this constant urge to build computers. It's like, a drug. I want to do it when I'm NOT doing it and while I'm doing it everything is great. Until I come down, and shit starts to not work or I have dumb video output issues.

I've built computers that, upon first boot, would NOT output to a VGA connected monitor or a DVI connected monitor. Only a VGA connected monitor with a DVI adapter. Good thing I usually have several monitors around.

Anyway. Hope my school comes through with my refund faster than usual, I got that itch that no cream can cure.

I plan on modding the hell out of a microATX case I have from a PC maker who will remain anonymous. Extra fans, paint, holes everywhere etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment