I bought a new netbook, again. I'm ditching the Acer Aspire One for my brand new (plastic still on it, but more on that later) Gateway LT3103u. Picked it up from Best Buy today for the low price of $399.99. Actually, I picked it up yesterday. The unit I purchased had a stuck pixel and the right side of the screen looked as if it had pressure damage. The exchange took 10 minutes though. Very pleasant experience. There were only two units when I went in yesterday, and I've had both of them. I almost feel bad about it. Now no one else can buy one. I'm so selfish.
Not all great though. This unit has a dead pixel too. Fortunately, it isn't a stuck red pixel in the middle like the last one. This time it more subtle. It just looks like a small spec of dust. I don't notice it until I look for it now.
A formal review will come later. But just so I remember later I'll throw some numbers out there.
I've been using the, let's say netbook, all day. I'm at 30% battery and Vista says 55 minutes remaining. I believe it for once. The battery doesn't want to die. I was even playing WoW on it earlier. More on that later too. I was uninstalling all of the bloat and updating for a while earlier too. All on battery. I'd estimate around 3:40-4 hours with WiFi on and brightness at medium. I'll have to do a more scientific test some time. But the battery life so far has blown away my Aspire One with it's 3-cell. And performance-wise...
I'll gush about that later too. Hopefully with some benchmarks.
As I type this I have Hulu in another tab playing an episode of American Dad flawlessly. My Celeron M 1.6GHz laptop can't even do that. My Aspire One couldn't play Hulu at all without stuttering. Color me impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment